White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Happy Holidays to all my wonderful readers! As this year comes to a close, I've been looking back on this year, and I am so thankful for everything I have. This little blog is almost a year old, and I thank all of you for taking the time to read about my adventures in the kitchen. I plan to start to the new year strong with new recipes and plenty of blog posts, so stay tuned! Now enough of my rambling...

A friend of mine asked if I could make some cookies for her Christmas celebration, and I immediately said yes! She requested snickerdoodles and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. Since I had never made the latter, I went in search of the perfect recipe. And guess what? This is definitely it. My kitchen smelled amazing as they baked in the oven, and they tasted even better. Try them for yourself!

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
yields 1 1/2 - 2 dozen cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (chopped, if needed) macadamia nuts
2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside. Beat together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Whisk in the egg, then beat in the egg yolk and the vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until just moistened. Stir in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips by hand with a rubber spatula.

Roll into balls or drop by spoonfuls onto a greased or lined baking sheet, and press down on the cookies with your palm a bit to flatten (not too much!).

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges look golden brown. Allow to finish cooling on a rack.

Source: adapted from Crepes of Wrath

1 comments:

The New Mrs said...

These look SO good. I seriously want to eat my monitor right.now.