Sauteed Tilapia with Honey-Scallion Dressing


I received this recipe in my email a couple weeks ago and was salivating at the thought of making it. I finally found time and it was just as good as I thought it would be. (It didn't hurt that dinner was on the table in less than 20 minutes!) I'm not a huge salad eater, but I loved the Asian inspired dressing - it reminded Justin and I of the ginger dressing they serve in Japanese restaurants. It was the perfect compliment to a nice piece of tilapia and went perfectly with my Sesame Noodles.

Sauteed Tilapia with Honey-Scallion Dressing

For the Dressing:
2 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. dark sesame oil

For the Fish:
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 cups gourmet salad greens

To prepare dressing, combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Set aside.

To prepare fish, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan and cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Arrange 1 cup greens on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 fish fillet and drizzle each with 2 Tbsp. dressing.

Source: adapted from Cooking Light, August 2006

1 comments:

Mrs. Walk said...

Yum--I made cornflake-crusted tilapia last night, and this dressing would have been awesome on it!