Cheddar Ale Spread

I have learned that Justin's fraternity brothers will pretty much eat anything that has beer in it (e.g. Guinness Cupcakes). When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it the next time they were coming over. The verdict? A hit! They all really enjoyed it, and even ate up all the fresh veggies I had out. (I guess that's how you get frat boys to eat healthy - add beer!) I loved this recipe because I could do my favorite thing - make it ahead of time. This keeps for up to four days in your fridge, so whip this up tonight for a get together on Friday.

Cheddar Ale Spread

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup beer (anything but a light beer)
2 tsp. dried parsley

Combine the cream cheese, mustard, cheddar cheese, cream and salt in a food processor or blender. (If you are using a blender, make sure the cream cheese is very soft and stir by hand before blending.) Process for 30 seconds, add the beer, and continue processing until very smooth. Stir in the parsley by hand until just dispersed.

This can be refrigerated for up to 4 days. (Just make sure to take it out an hour before serving.)

Source: adapted from Cooking This and That

0 comments: