Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Justin and I went to a house warming party this past weekend, so I decided to bake another batch of my Guinness Cupcakes. Instead of using a cream cheese frosting, I decided to use a butter cream frosting with a touch of Bailey's and lo and behold, this cupcake got even more alcoholic. They were a hit at the party, so I think I will use this frosting next St. Patty's day.


Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

24 Guinness Cupcakes (find the recipe here)
4 cups confectioners sugar
16 Tbsp. butter (hey I never said it was low cal)
3 Tbsp. Bailey's Irish Cream (you could substitute milk or heavy cream)

Whip the butter in a bowl for several minutes, until light and fluffy. Slowly add the sugar a few tablespoons at a time, making sure to remove any clumps. Once combined, drizzle in the Bailey's, and whip until combined. If this has made the frosting too thin, spoon in another tablespoon or two of powdered sugar. Frost cupcakes as desired.

2 comments:

the happy family said...

this has my husband's name all over it!

Kimmy said...

I can't wait to try these. Yum!