First Post and Russian Tea Cookies

Welcome to my cooking blog! I'm hoping this blog inspires me to cook more and try new things. So onto my first recipe...

My grandmother used to make Russian Tea Cookies when I was little and now I make them when I feel like I want a sweet snack but don't have a lot of ingredients at home.






Ingredients

1 cup of butter (softened)
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour divided
1 cup powdered sugar (plus sugar to roll the cookies in after they come out of the oven)
1 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract

Beat butter until soft. Add 1 cup of flour; stir to combine. Mix in sugar, water and vanilla. (It is normal for the mixture to seem very dry.) Once mixed, beat in 1 1/4 cups flour. Refrigerate dough for one hour.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease baking sheet. Roll cookies into 1-1 1/2 inch balls. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Let cookies cool for 2-3 minutes, then roll in powdered sugar and serve warm. This recipe yields about 36 cookies.

Enjoy!

Source: My Nana

0 comments: