Sun-Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Biscuit Puffs

I was perusing different Web sites in an attempt to find an appetizer for Easter that I could make myself (as opposed to buying something pre-made), but make at least a day ahead of time. I love biscuits, so when I saw this recipe on the Pillsbury site, I was sold. I made these the day before Easter and stuck them in the freezer. When it was time to cook them, I just added a little time to the recipe and they came out perfect. (Except I should have pushed the dough down a touch more so they were more attractive, but that's only aesthetics.) Everybody thought they were fantastic, including Justin, who isn't normally a big appetizer kind of guy. He requested that I make these everyday for the rest of his life. I could be wrong, but I think that means he liked them? Next time I think I will try to use homemade biscuit dough, but this was great to make quickly and ahead of time!

Sun-Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Biscuit Puffs

1 can Pillsbury Golden Layers Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits (I used Butter Tastin')
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan

Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each biscuit evenly into 2 layers, making 20 dough rounds. Press each in ungreased miniature muffin cup.

In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, onion powder and Italian seasoning. Spoon 1 1/2 - 2 tsp. mayonnaise mixture into each dough lined cup. Sprinkle each with Parmesan cheese.

Cover muffin tin with plastic wrap then aluminum foil, then put in the freezer until ready to bake.

Once ready to bake, uncover (do not thaw) and bake at 375 degrees for 16 minutes, or until golden brown. Loosen puffs with a knife and immediately remove from muffin tin (be careful, they will be extremely hot) and let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.

Source: adapted from Pillsbury

PS. I entered this into the Tasty Tools contest. This month features muffin pans! Check it out on Joelen's Blog.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Ooh - I love this savory biscuit! What great flavors too! You could even submit this to the Tasty Tools blogging event I'm hosting this month. Details can be found in my blog's left sidebar!