Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream

So, let's be honest here. We all know that I am a fan of Martha Stewart's Cupcakes. (And pretty much all cupcakes in general). One of my favorite desserts to make is cookies and cream cheesecakes. Heck, I even gave away a copy of Martha Stewart Cupcakes for my 100th blog post! I think it is clear that I am slightly obsessed a fan. So it only made sense that I would become a part of the Martha Stewart Cupcake Club.

This month's choice was Martha's Strawberry cupcakes. Let me tell you, even the batter was irresistible. After several mouthfuls, I realized I would soon have no cupcakes to make if I kept up at that speed! Bits of strawberries in both the batter and frosting made these cupcakes tasty and oh so sweet. The batter was light and fluffy, and the strawberries were the perfect spring-time addition. I made a classic strawberry buttercream, but using this recipe, and subbing half the amount of strawberry preserves for the cream, and continuing to add more until I reached my desired consistency. I snuck in chunks of strawberries just before serving, and they were the perfect addition. If you don't already own this book, go out and get it, and then make these cupcakes!

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yours are so pretty and these were delicious!

Nina said...

I love it. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

I thought the batter was amazing too! Yours are lovely.

betty geek said...

Loving the strawberry cupcakes! Yours look fantastic with all that pink swirl. I actually saved one from my dozen and I will eat it later!

Thanks for baking along with us this month! xo

Marthe said...

These were soooo good!

Sherry G said...

Thanks for baking with me! I really enjoyed these cupcakes too! To be honest, I couldn't stop eating the batter either. It was just too good!

Jennifer said...

Yours look great! Mine were a big fat failure, but I plan on trying again soon.

Jeannette said...

these look really great! and i do love the cookies and cream ones as well!! i made a day out of it with my sister and i had to give 98% of them to her to take home because they'd become extinct in my home.

i can't wait until someone chooses the cuppies with the drippy caramel hazelnut shank! they look awesome!

Rachel Jantzi said...

loved making these, buttercream is a great idea, i'll try it for sure!!!!