Basil Pesto

After making a tomato-basil tart, I had an enormous amount of basil that I didn't want to go to waste. Pesto is perfect for pasta, fresh bread, grilled chicken, pizza and many other meals, so I decided to make some basil pesto to freeze. This pesto far surpasses store-bought pesto from a jar. Next time I make this, I want to try it with sun-dried tomatoes. Yum!

Basil Pesto

4 oz. fresh basil leaves
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
3 oz. Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano, grated

Place all ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor. Puree until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.

1 comments:

Ariana said...

Pesto sounds like a great idea for dinner tonight... (psst... my package arrived! It's fantastic! Thank you!)

:)