Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Cookies

As Thanksgiving approaches, all I can think of is eating my weight in mashed potatoes the wonderful food that is in store for us. Unfortunately, dessert seems to take a backseat to the amazing meal. By the time dessert is served, everyone is leaning back, full and bloated, with the top button of their pants undone. (Or is that just me?) I love these cookies because I think they will be perfect for the "I'm too full to eat another bite" crowd. What's one more cookie, right? If not, they will make the perfect breakfast for Friday morning, before hitting the Black Friday hysteria sales. :)

When I first made this recipe, I thought they were going to be terrible. The batter was thin, runny, and unmanageable. I nearly threw it away, but decided to pop in a baking sheet anyway. I think I would have been devastated if I threw away these amazing cookies! They have a cake-like consistency, and are just scrumptious. If you are a pumpkin lover, you will truly be addicted to these!

Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Cookies

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in to the pumpkin mixture. Add flour mixture and mix well. Add vanilla, and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm. Move to wire rack to cool completely.

Source: adapted from My Baking Addiction, originally All Recipes

0 comments: