Mexicorn

I always seem to have trouble coming up with sides for Mexican food. I love my stand-by Mexican Rice, but lately I have been looking for something different. This is a perfect Mexican veggie side dish, and you probably have all the ingredients at home. We loved this, and will definitely make this along side tacos and fajitas.

Mexicorn

2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Pinch of cumin
Juice of 1/2 a lime
3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)

Heat olive oil in a large skilled over medium heat. Add everything except the cilantro, if using. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with cilantro.

Source: adapted from Vintage Victuals

3 comments:

Ellie said...

I love your variations! I'll bet the green onion is awesome. I'm def adding that next time.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love colorful dishes especially with veggies... this looks great! (I’ve missed commenting on your blog for a bit so it’s so good to have some time and catch up with all your cooking/baking! :) )

Mrs D said...

Thanks, Joelen - glad you are back!