Not Your Grandmother's Meatloaf

Well actually - it's MY grandmother's meatloaf. I've been eating this all my life, and it is my favorite leftover.

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef
3/4 cup minute rice
1/4 cup minced onion
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup

(Note - 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese can be substituted for the cheddar cheese soup.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine egg, rice, onion, salt, pepper and half of the can of soup (or 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese); stir to combine. Add meat to mixture, making sure to press out any lumps in the meat with the back of a spoon.

Once all ingredients are mixed together, put mixture in a loaf pan (I use a 9 x 13). Smooth the rest of cheese evenly across the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour fifteen minutes. (You will know it's done when the middle is no longer soupy.)

Source: My Nana

0 comments: